Participants will learn how to administer oral diphenhydramine and Epinephrine by auto-injector (Auvi-Q, Epipen, Adrenaclik) and/or Quick Relief Asthma medication (Albuterol, Xopenex, etc.) by metered dose inhaler with spacer.
Length: 2 hours(Note: if diphenhydramine/epipen or quick relief asthma only, the length is 1.5 hours)
Location: your site
Cost: $350(Note: if diphenhydramine/epipen or quick relief asthma only, the cost is $200)
Number of Participants: The length and cost assume from 1 to 15 participants. More may require additional time.
- background: asthma and allergies (history, diagnosis, and treatment strategies)
- prevention of asthma attacks/allergic reactions in child care programs
- permissions and consent forms required from the child's provider and parent
- development of an individual health care plan
- medication storage and precautions
- understanding symptoms: knowing when to administer
- understanding administration techniques: knowing how to administer (including demonstration and practice)
- calling 911, and following care plan
To schedule a date: 1) Open the Calendar to check for available dates: click here 2) If you see the word "available" written on the date you're interested in, that means it's still open 3) Call or send me an e-mail and I will hold that date for you until we make final arrangements....